Sustainable Arlington is an environment committee of Envision Arlington and a Massachusetts Climate Action (MCAN) chapter.
Our monthly meetings are open to the public and all are welcome.
We will meet virtually on zoom.
Please register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
- Native American Land Acknowledgement
- Buildings are part of the climate solution
- New MA building codes. Including the Net Zero Stretch Code, are an important opportunity Brief update on Stretch Codes and Net Zero Buildings
- Electrify Arlington Campaign Next Steps
- For discussion: Work with Arlington Libraries to create a “decarbonization resources collection” of print and electronic publications, accessible through the library. Goal: provide additional source of community support for transitioning homes and other buildings to net zero. Look into collaborating with Electrify Arlington Campaign and Sustainability Manager Talia Fox.
- Planning Department
- New Business
- Vote to approve August, September, October minutes
Next meeting: Jan. 2023. Date TBD. The agenda will be posted on our website and on the Town calendar here.
- Making heat recovery ventilators sexy. Sure, we’d all love a new kitchen instead of a pricey, invisible insulation job. But only one of them can save the planet. By Yvonne Abraham Globe Columnist, Dec. 7, 2022
- Mass. needs a Zero Carbon Renovation Fund
- Mass. Commission on Clean Heat. Final Report, Nov. 30, 2022