This is a public meeting. All are welcome to attend. We will meet on zoom. The agenda and zoom registration link will be posted here and on the Town's online calendar for October. See the Town calendar.
AGENDA link here. See main details below.
Please register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
- Vote to approve Patrick Hanlon as new Co-chair of Sustainable Arlington. As part of the Clean Heat for Arlington team, he helped pass Arlington’s bylaw to make all new buildings and major renovations fossil-fuel free. More recently, he has been working to pass a strong Net Zero Stretch Code for Massachusetts.
- Vote on support for a resolution by the Arlington Gas Leaks Task Force to be presented to the Arlington Select Board, “RESOLUTION REQUESTING THAT NATIONAL GRID REPAIR SIGNIFICANT ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT (SEI) GAS LEAKS BY JUNE 30, 2023.”
- Electrify Arlington Kick-Off, Wed., Nov. 2, 7-8:30 pm, Community Center, 20 Academy St. and on zoom. Agenda
- Building Decarbonization
- 10-town gas ban pilot program, adopted as part of An Act Driving Clean Energy and Offshore Wind (section 84 of the Drive Act) Session Law - Acts of 2022 Chapter 179 (malegislature.gov) (scroll down to section 84)
- Dept. of Energy Resources’ new energy building codes, released in September Stretch Energy Code Development 2022 | Mass.gov.
- MCAN’s Statement on the DOER’s Final Building Code Language (includes 10-town pilot)
- MCAN’s Talking Points on DOER’s Final Building Code Language Toolkit for TUE Hearing on Building Codes - Google Docs
- Old business continued:
- Should Arlington post signs about engine idling? *Unnecessary idling—running a vehicle's engine for longer than five minutes when the vehicle is stopped—is against both state law (M.G.L. Chapter 90, Section 16A) and a MassDEP regulation (Section 7.11 of 310 CMR 7.00).
- Leave the Leaves:
- Sustainable Arlington’s Leave the Leaves yard sign available at cost
- Doug Tallamy, -
- Planning Department
- New Business
- Vote to approve August and September minutes
- Native American Land where we are, https://native-land.ca/